Sunday, January 26, 2014

Your Beauty Routine Needs More Fiber!

UPDATE:  It took me like a week after this closed to get this together, sorry!  Stephtee was drawn on the RNG machine!  :D

I keep hearing about these fiber mascaras, be it from Model Co.Too Faced, or Younique.   I constantly see people ask about Younique's product in particular because of all the heavy promotion by the girls that sell it (Younique is an MLM and, like most MLM's, their sales people are consistently trying to sell and recruit in order to turn a profit).  After doing my research, I settled on Love Alpha's fibre mascara set.  The set actually looks EXTREMELY similar to Younique's, to the point where I would venture a guess that they're both the same product with differently colored packaging...only the Love Alpha costs $20+ less.  Let's take a quick glance at the products, shall we?


The mascara itself comes in what looks like an eyeglass case in leopard print.


The mascara comes with two applicators.  The largest is a "transplanting gel".  The smaller is the fibers.

On the other hand, here is the Younique mascaras.  This picture was taken directly from their site:


Same faux leather bands to hold down the tubes, same big, metal tubes, same rectangular case.  The point is that they're VERY similar, at the bare minimum.

All fibre mascaras are applied the same.  The first step is to use the transplanting gel on your natural lashes, followed by a coat of the fibres, then go in again with the transplanting gel.  Depending on how much crazy drama you want, you can go in again with the fibres and transplanting gel.  In fact, you can do this over and over, though I would caution you not to, lest you look like this person's promotional material for her Younique business:


Yes, this is a picture shared by someone who SELLS this product.  Ugh.

So, anyway, the question now becomes, "does it work?"  Yes, it does.  Does it look like you're wearing "false lashes"?  No, of course not.  It is, however, a bit more lengthening than my normal mascara routine, which I've developed after trying about a hundred mascaras.  Let's see some pictures!








Okay, this is a series of very weird looking photos, but I am wearing one coat of the fibre mascara on my right eye, which is, of course, on the left in these photos.  My normal mascara application (curling the lashes, then both steps from my Lorac Special Effects mascara) was done on my left eye.  As you can see, there is a noticeable difference between the two.  

So, what do I think?  The product has potential.  If used properly, you could likely do two or three coats of the product without looking like the warning photo above.  It's a bit more cumbersome than just a standard mascara, clearly, but I also don't consider this an everyday mascara.

For those wondering, I'm also wearing a generic pink gel liner (seriously, someone gifted this to me...I have no idea where it was purchased, but I love it), Jouer's Luminizing Tint in Pearl, Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Blissful, and Lipstick Queen's saint lipstick in Medieval.

Now on to the fun stuff.  I have an extra, UNOPENED, COMPLETELY AND AMAZINGLY BRAND NEW Love Alpha Fibre Mascara set to give away.  Comment below with a caption for the warning photo (just to entertain me) and a winner will be chosen at random on 2/1!

6 comments:

  1. I'd call it... beware of spiders :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please email me your address at mid30saverage@gmail.com so I can send you a pretty mascara!!

      Delete
  2. MY EYES, THEY WONT OPEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm too jaded to come up with a funny caption. All I can think of is things like "This is the cause of societal norms and MLM schemes." More of a warning.

    Actually, wait. "This mascara is great! My lashes are so thick, I can't see how terribly screwed over I am by my own company!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not true at all. These are all bias opinions and are untrue.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE MY YOUNIQUE IT IS AMAZING AND ILL NEVER USE ANOTHER MASCARA. My lashes do not stick and I can see perfectly fine. I get compliments everyday. You must not be applying it correctly.

    ReplyDelete